Activity, relaxation and culture are the main leitmotifs for a trip to the monuments of Conil de la Frontera.
Conil de la Frontera offers suitable leisure activities for guests of all ages:
1) Fiestas - The many festivals with which Christian and other occasions are celebrated throughout the year are attractive attractions. Travellers and locals together create the atmosphere and enjoy the traditions. Some examples are
- the carnival at the end of winter,
- the Semana Santa at Easter and
- the Fiesta Virgen del Carmen in July.
Further fiestas can be found with the corresponding dates on the homepage of the town of Conil de la Frontera.
2) Ruta del Atún - In keeping with the importance of the red tuna (atún rojo) for Conil de la Frontera as a fishing village, a gastronomic presentation is held every spring to celebrate the arrival of the first shoals of the popular edible fish. The event is celebrated with two other townships which, on a larger scale, cultivate the Almadraba, the traditional fishing with traps.
3) Torre de Guzmán - The Gothic fortified tower was built in the early 14th century and is part of an important defensive structure on the Costa de la Luz. The view from the tower over the sea and the surrounding region is impressive.
4) Cape Trafalgar - Lovers of nature and history will find an interesting place to visit in Cabo Trafalgar, south of Conil de la Frontera. The rock rising into the Atlantic Ocean marks one of the cornerstones of the Strait of Gibraltar.
5) Iglesia Mayor de Santa Catalina - Representative of a multitude of picturesque churches and chapels in the village is the 15th century church of Santa Catalina, which today is a popular venue for exhibitions and events.
6) Old Town - In the old town, guests can enjoy the charm of the white villages in all their splendour. The picturesque alleys of the fishing village, which seems to be unaffected by tourism, invite you to stroll around and enjoy typical local delicacies in many larger and smaller restaurants.
7) Bicycle tours - trips to the nearer surroundings are no problem with the help of good maps and rented bicycles. On request, guided tours can be organised through the local tourist office.
8) Beach holidays - Conil de la Frontera offers several beaches, some of which, like the bays at Cabo Roche, are considered to be among the most beautiful bathing spots in the country. Natural beaches with little infrastructure and the city beaches with many possibilities to rent sunbeds and umbrellas as well as to have food and drink are the marginal points of the spectrum. Popular beaches are among others.
9) Nightlife - The bars and discotheques in the town centre are a meeting place for locals and visitors to the town. The nightlife is lively, but not excessive. Private parties are sometimes also possible on the beach near the inviting old town.
10) Sporting opportunities - Among connoisseurs, the Costa de la Luz around Conil de la Frontera is one of the insider tips for windsurfers. Popular hotspots and little known surf beaches can be found here. Paragliding and kitesurfing are also becoming more and more popular and can be learned and trained on the city beach Playa de Fontanilla.